flag Jordan Jordan: Statistical Overview

Capital: Amman


Total Population: 11,285,869
Natural Increase: 1.2%
Density: 126 Inhabitants/km²
Urban Population: 91.8%
Population of main cities: Amman (1,812,100); Az Zarqua (635,200); Irbid (502,800); Rusayfah (472,600); Al Quwaysimah (296,800); Tila al-Ali (251,000); Wadi as-Sir (241,900); Jubaiha (197,200); Khuraibat as-Suq (186,200); Sahab (169,500)
Ethnic Origins: The population is largely composed of people of Arab origin (half of whom are Palestinians, with new waves of refugees from Syria and Iraq), as well as minorities such as Circassians and Armenians. Within the country, 69% of the total population is of Jordanian origin, the remaining 31% are foreign nationals. (Jordan Department of Statistics)
Official Language: Arabic.
Other Languages Spoken: The Adhyge language, the Domari language, Armenian.
Business Language(s): English
Religion: Muslims 90%, Christians 6%.
Literacy Rate: 91.1%

Local Time:

It is %T:%M %A In Amman

Exchange Rate on :

National Currency: Jordanian Dinar (JOD)

Country Overview

Area: 89,318 km²
Type of State: Jordan is a multi-party parliamentary constitutional monarchy.
Type of Economy: Lower-middle-income economy, Emerging Financial Market.
An economy dependent on petroleum exports and international aid.
HDI*: 0.748/1
HDI (World Rank): 80/188

Note: (*) The HDI, Human Development Index, is an Indicator Which Synthesizes Several Data Such as Life Expectancy, Level of Education, Professional Careers, Access to Culture etc.


Telephone Code:
To call from Jordan, dial 00
To call Jordan, dial +962
Internet Suffix: .jo
Telephone Lines: 6.7 per 100 Inhabitants
Internet Users: 41.0 per 100 Inhabitants
Access to Electricity: 99.5% of the Population

Foreign Trade in Figures

Foreign Trade Indicators 20192020202120222023
Imports of Goods (million USD) 19,17017,23321,54227,36425,470
Exports of Goods (million USD) 8,3177,9439,35812,78012,763
Imports of Services (million USD) 4,9113,0954,1545,6795,971
Exports of Services (million USD) 7,8532,5014,5127,95510,428

Source: WTO – World Trade Organisation, Latest data available.


Any Comment About This Content? Report It to Us.

© eexpand, All Rights Reserved.
Latest Update: April 2024