flag Denmark Denmark: Statistical Overview

Capital: Copenhagen


Total Population: 5,903,037
Natural Increase: 0.8%
Density: 146 Inhabitants/km²
Urban Population: 88.4%
Population of main urban zones: Copenhagen (1,331,000); Aarhus (280,600); Odense (180,300); Aalborg (117,400); Esbjerg (72,100); Randers (62,500); Kolding (61,200); Horsens (59,500); Vejle (57,700); Roskilde (51,300); Herning (50,400)
Ethnic Origins: The population of Denmark is 86.9% of Danish origin (including Inuit and Faroese). The other 13.1% are of foreign origin (of which 36% are of western origin and 64% of non-western origin). Most common countries of origin are Poland, Turkey, Germany, Iraq, Romania, Syria, Somalia, Iran and Afghanistan. (Statistics Denmark)
Official Language: Danish is the official language of Denmark, Greenland and the Faeroe Islands. Both Greenland and the Faeroe Islands have their own languages as well, which most of the people speak, but Danish is used for official purposes and taught in schools.
Other Languages Spoken: English is the predominant second language. Small minorities, mostly in Southern Denmark, speak German.
Business Language(s): Danes are generally accustomed to using English, especially business people and government agencies.
Religion: Protestants 91%, Catholics 2%, Others 7%.

Local Time:

It is %T:%M %A In Copenhagen

Exchange Rate on :

National Currency: Danish kroner (DKK)

Country Overview

Area: 42,920 km²
Type of State: Denmark (official name: Kingdom of Denmark) is a constitutional monarchy based on parliamentary democracy.
Type of Economy: High-income economy, OECD member.
6th in the world in terms of GDP per capita; The economy suffers from relatively low productivity
HDI*: 0.923/1
HDI (World Rank): 4/188

Note: (*) The HDI, Human Development Index, is an Indicator Which Synthesizes Several Data Such as Life Expectancy, Level of Education, Professional Careers, Access to Culture etc.


Telephone Code:
To call from Denmark, dial 00
To call Denmark, dial +45
Internet Suffix: .dk
Computers: 54.9 per 100 Inhabitants
Telephone Lines: 43.5 per 100 Inhabitants
Internet Users: 93.0 per 100 Inhabitants
Access to Electricity: 100% of the Population

Foreign Trade in Figures

Foreign Trade Indicators 20192020202120222023
Imports of Goods (million USD) 98,18498,298120,307128,340126,653
Exports of Goods (million USD) 111,076108,454125,945131,793136,631
Imports of Services (million USD) 76,33772,05084,96099,765106,712
Exports of Services (million USD) 83,40476,12596,985131,637113,416

Source: WTO – World Trade Organisation, Latest data available.


Any Comment About This Content? Report It to Us.

© eexpand, All Rights Reserved.
Latest Update: July 2024